Big Ruby Presentation Round Up
Originally posted on the OrgSync Dev Blog (
http://devblog.orgsync.com/2013/03/04/big-ruby-presentation-round-up/), but that site no longer exists, so I’ve reposted it here.
Last week the OrgSync development team was out en masse at Big Ruby Conf in our own backyard of Dallas, TX. We had a great time and listened to so many fantastic talks that it’s hard to keep track of them all. To help with this problem I decided to put together a complete list of talks replete with links to slide decks. Enjoy!
- 9:15 a.m. (50m) Keynote by Jim Weirich
- 10:15 a.m. (40m) DevOps for the Rubyist Soul by John Downey
- 11:05 a.m. (40m) How to Overcome the Apathy of Big Data by Matt Kirk
- 11:55 a.m. (40m) Services and Rails: The Shit They Don’t Tell You by Brian Morton
- 1:55 a.m. (40m) Move Fast, Make Things and Big Ruby Conf Bonus Tracks by Adam Keys
- 2:50 p.m. (40m) 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Chef by Joshua Timberman
- 3:45 p.m. (40m) How Shopify Scales Rails by John Duff
- 4:40 p.m. (45m) Build a Bigger Brain: How Healthy Living Makes You Smarter by Joe Kutner
11:25 a.m. (40m) Scaling with Friends by Geoffrey Dagley
1:25 p.m. (40m) Lightning Talks
If I’m missing any talks or if you have slide links I’m lacking, please contact me and I’ll be happy to update this! I’m @camdez on the Twitters.